Specific Duties and responsibilities:
– Lead the Ecommerce development team in the design and development of solutions
– Lead the design and build a new in-house Ecommerce application in line with IT strategy and standards.
– Cross train and mentor our existing staff.
– Work closely with our existing multi-platform and multi-skilled IT development staff.
– Takes responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
– Leads the provision of IT advice and design and development consultancy.
– Provides expert advice in some or all aspects of the programming methods, tools and/or standards used in the organisation. Evaluates and reviews programming methods and tools used in the organisation.
We require a senior analyst/developer with the following skills/experience:
– Excellent knowledge of JEE web component development, OOAD and UML
– Proven experience of leading small teams of Java Developers
– Excellent knowledge of EJBs, DAOs, JSPs, Servlets, JMS, Struts and Web services
– Excellent Knowledge of Hibernate and Spring
– Excellent knowledge of XML
– Excellent knowledge of SQL
– Multithreaded applications development
– Experience in UI Design, HTML5 & CSS3
– Web application server: Websphere
– Database development: Oracle
– Middleware: MQ Series (development provided by a separate team)
– Development environment: RAD
– Knowledge of Origo XML standards
– Knowledge of Struts Tiles Framework
– Knowledge of UI Design for handheld platforms (captive or responsive designing)
– Knowledge of life insurance business
– Oracle certified Programmer/ Expert / Master i.e.
– Java SE Programmer / Sun Certified Java Programmer
– Master Java SE Developer (OCMJD) / Sun Certified Java Developer
– Java EE Web Component Developer/ Sun Certified Web Component Developer
– Java EE Business Component Developer/ Sun Certified Business Component Developer
Analytical Thinking: Acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships
Persistence: Driving the team to meet targets and fulfil agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
Attention to Detail: Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken within the team ensuring that nothing is overlooked
Expert in Application Development Tools, Techniques and Standards