Mediablaze Group is seeking a Senior Digital Designer to work in our London office. The candidate will work under the Head of Digital, and will support other designers, UX Designers, Developers, Strategists and Project Managers to create beautiful, considered and meaningful design executions.
The role will focus on UI design across responsive websites and native applications. Experience specifically in UI design with a strong appreciation for UX is crucial for this role. While a Senior level candidate is desired, there is an opportunity to progress into Lead Designer role as the team grows. That said, the successful candidate will be eager to muck in across all projects, as-well-as being adaptable, receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and work collaboratively as part of the creative team.
Standard job blurb aside, if you want to do big work without the big agency politics and get away from spending all day designing the text that sits next to the social icons in the footer of the ‘Terms and Conditions’ section on a pop-up for a competition giving away free bog roll… then you should come and meet us.
Key Skills & Experience
- You should have experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong design principles, spanning typography, colour theory, image manipulation layout in a digital environment
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience using Zeplin for Developer handovers would be a bonus.
- Exceptional communication skills including facial expressions, hand gestures and animal noises
- Confident in bringing your own ideas to the table, challenging others, fighting for what you believe in and taking it on the chin if it’s not quite right
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working across a range of design briefs from responsive website designs and native app design to infographics and social post mockups and assisting with pitches.
- Supporting other UI and UX designers and mentoring junior design colleagues.
- Supporting Accounts and Strategy teams in the creation and formatting of materials for presentation to Clients (it happens but not often)
- Presenting work to colleagues and clients.
- Selecting the best talent as the team grows or temporary resource is required.
- As you develop, the role will develop to embrace your interests, strengths and weaknesses.
- 4+ year’s experience in a professional, digital creative environment
- Socially adept, interested in culture, music, food and doing the best work possible.
- Hungry for progression – an eagerness to learn and develop
- Solid time management skills
- Takes ownership and pride over work
- Unflappable under pressure
- Seeks out constructive feedback
- Clear, concise and to-the-point written communications
- Have keen interest in the industry and innovation
- Encourage, motivate and support other team members
- Our standard working hours are 9.30 to 5.30.
- We are currently based in Oval, London. We are less than a 5 minute walk from Oval Tube Station and 15 minutes walk from Vauxhall. We will be moving office in early February to the WeWork offices in South Bank Central, near Waterloo.
- 27inch iMac or MacBook Pro, Wacom, latest software
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Ride to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme available
- An agency without egos (!), generally flat structure and a very approachable Board
- 5:00pm finish on a Friday for staff Drink n Learn presentations
- 25 days holiday. Additional day added for every year of service up to 28 days
- Plus you don’t work on your birthday!