We are looking for a Director of Software Engineering to lead and build an extremely talented front-end software engineering team to deliver a game-changing customer experience. The mission of this team is to build the end user facing layer of the Workday products, used by tens of millions of people worldwide on a daily basis.
We’re looking for an outgoing and collaborative visionary who’ll push the limits of the browser experience. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry’s best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering consumer-facing or enterprise software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
Responsibilities and Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably Computer Science/Engineering
- At least 7 years leading front-end software engineering teams
- At least 5 years of experience in agile development and methodologies
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse projects and teams
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best engineering talent
- Strong engineering and technology background
- Solid sense of look and feel i.e., focus on aesthetics and a passion for building beautiful user experiences
- Ability to go deep into the technology
- Must have deep technical credibility with the engineers