Sixt is one of the biggest technology-driven mobility companies in the world. We will add a number of attractive services to our mobility portfolio in the near future. Our SIXT App is the central interface for our services: It allows customers to plan their journeys, open and close cars via telematics, review their usage data and much more. It is built on a state-of-the-art infrastructure: Cloud-native, microservices-based, event-driven – you name it. We are looking for an experienced Go developer (m/f/d) to drive extending and partly refactoring and rebuilding existing services and adding new ones to allow seamless integration. Scalability, very high availability and low operational cost are the key requirements. Defining slim, yet powerful interfaces and maturing them with our partners will be an important part of the work. We are engineering the future of mobility! Sixt stands for success, agility, ownership and an intercultural team. Apply now and join our journey and become a part of the Sixt family.
Do what you love:
- You will be responsible for designing, building and evolving customer-facing distributed systems for our platform on the cloud.
- You will work on event-driven systems and keep yourself up to date with the latest technologies to help you create scalable and resilient software.
- You will work in a diverse, international team using agile methodologies, constantly striving to improve team collaboration and processes.
- You will participate in on-call rotations and be available for escalations ensuring that our team’s critical services are always up.
- You will collaborate effectively with teammates, technical and business partners, internally and externally.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience in building cloud-native applications, solving scalability challenges, designing event-driven solutions.
- Experience with Golang & relational and NoSQL databases and caching (e.g. Postgres,DynamoDB, S3, Redis, Elastic Search).
- Experience and believe in agile methods, TDD, DDD, continuous delivery and integration.
- Hands on knowledge of Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes.
- You have already designed distributed systems or you have worked on microservices architectures.
In addition to the obligatory table football, driving simulators, and ping-pong table, our two dedicated Feel Good Managers focus on the wellbeing of our SIXT Tech colleagues. Amongst other things they will support you with your relocation, finding accommodation, visa issues and help you to organize team events, Meetups, and Townhalls. Our offices have different sizes, you will definitely find something according to your preferences. We follow no dress code. As a member of the SIXT-Family, you get attractive car rental and leasing offers as well as access to our large employee benefit portal where you find attractive offers for traveling, shopping and more. During breakfast, lunch, and dinner our high-quality restaurant offers daily changing meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, as well as a salad bar and freshly-baked pizza. Our coffee lounge for meeting and relaxing is opened the whole day. COME AS YOU ARE and DO WHAT YOU LOVE: Join our 650 IT colleagues and apply now.